Thursday, April 7, 2011

An Unforgettable Stroll.

Every morning and afternoon I make the 1.3 miles walk to Cheney School. This 15 minutes walk is sometimes the most amusing part of my day. It's crazy what you see if you keep your eyes open.

I've almost got hit my an ambulance (several times). I think it is pretty ironic. The closest time: It wasn't my fault. The ambulance wasn't going fast or had any sirens or lights on. We met at Old Saints Road and Lime Walk. I began walking across because he was stopping. But he didn't. It was close.

Today I was walking and passed the "mum" and two kids that I usually pass. Usually the younger boy is riding a scooter (which every child has here)but today the older daughter (probably 6) was. She ran off the sidewalk, fell and start sobbing. She ran back to her mom holding her butt. And the stripped. Completely. In the middle of the road. I laughed.

There are these two blonde identical twins who I usually pass. They are walking to primary school with their mom in between them. Since they have to wear uniforms, they are dressed the same. Their parents give them the same hair do every day so you really can't tell them apart. A few weeks ago, one of them stops, crosses her arm and yells (and I mean YELLS) "I DON'T WANT TO LOOK LIKE HER ANYMORE!" and storms off, taking her hair out of her pigtails as she does. Once again, I laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment