Friday, February 18, 2011

Catch the Tears


Two days ago was not a good day. At all.
It had been a long day. Not at school because I only had one real lesson out of the five possible. First period teacher was sick, second period was psychology and the other three were free classes. After going to my one class, instead of being bored out of my mind at school, I decided to be bored at home. I walked home to find my deserted home. After watching a little Teen Mom and NCIS. I decided to read.
Jump to later that night--
I have been homesick a lot since I here. But some days are just much worse than others. Wednesday was one of those days. After supper, at 7:30, I climbed into bed. Not to go to sleep, to just lay there. I was bored. Very, very bored. A little while later my dad came into the room. I pulled the blanket over my face so he would not see the tears falling down my face. Now some fathers would evacuate the room as soon as a female begins to cry, but not my dad. Instead he climbed into bed with me, ready to talk or listen or just be there. That is why I love my dad. Well, that is one of the reasons I love my dad.
For the next hour, we just laid there. I spent the majority of it crying. He spent the majority of it rubbing my back or pushing my hair out of my face.
Some days, all you need is someone to just catch the tears not try to make them stop.

P.S. I love you Daddy.

1 comment:

  1. aawwwwww graciepoo!!! I love you!!! Why don't you like England? Do they have movies there? Go watch I Am Number Four. It's pretty much the worst movie ever, but Alex Pettyfer is in it and I paid ten bucks (remember, I could have waited two days and gone for free), to go see it opening weekend. It was worth it. He is so hot. Google him. Cheer yourself up. Remind yourself that Britain does, in fact have something to offer. You're welcome.

    :D Did you smile in your head? I will give you another chance...

    :D

    ReplyDelete