Monday, February 28, 2011

Ms. Vicki O'Neal

It is hard to learn from an email that someone incredibly special and important in your life isn't there any more. Two days ago, I found out that Ms. Vicki O'Neal passed away from pneumonia. When she was in her 20s with future career in teaching, she experienced a life-changing car accident. She found herself in a wheelchair where she spent the rest of her life. Although, her life had taken a rather unfortunate turn you would always find her with a brilliant smile on her face. She was always laughing and willing to volunteer her time to spread the love of the Lord. Even until her last days she was asking every nurse that walked by if they knew the Lord. Although it is hard to think I will not hear her laugh spread throughout the church or receive a loving, inspiring Facebook comment, I know she is happier now. She is not constrained by her wheelchair. Right now she is dancing with the Lord. I picture her in my mind walking down the beach or skipping through a meadow. But I know that I will see this. I will see her again.



Until then,
I love you Ms. Vicki.

No comments:

Post a Comment