Monday, February 28, 2011

Hotel Napoleon -- Le Restaurant

I can honestly say that I have eaten WELL throughout my life. Whether it is just yummy home cooked food or going out to eat to Maggiano's Little Italy on special occasions -- it's been super good. Yet, in Fontainbleau, France, I had the first extremely extravagant meal in my whole life.

This meal was different. When we first arrived at the hotel/restaurant (my parents, my dad's old student and his wife, and I) and opened the menu. I went into shock.


We ordered the "Chef's Choice" which is just that. Whatever the chef is in the mood for making-- that's what you have. You know the general idea such as fish, but other than that, you have NO idea. I got incredibly scared after hearing that the special was wild rabbit! I used to own two bunnies, there is NO way I was going to put that near my mouth. Luckily, that was not served.


First course: Tiny shrimp in a cup the size of a shot glass (I had always heard that French food sizes are small, but at this point I thought I'd go home hungry.)
Second course: Some liver delicacy and asparagus (I only ate the side dishes)
Third course: Fish and rice and some type of vegetable (I didn't eat the fish)
Fourth course: Lime sorbet in vodka (Literally, it was floating in vodka. SO GROSS!)
**At this point, I was like "wow, none of that was very appetizing" And I thought that was dessert**
Fifth course: Steak and mashed potatoes. (BEST piece of meat ever!)
Sixth course: 5 different types of cheese and salad
Seventh course: Pear pastry
Oh, and fresh bread during each of those!!

It was spectacular!

We left the hotel at 7:30 and didn't get back until 11. Talk about long meal! But it was SOO good!

No comments:

Post a Comment