Monday, February 21, 2011

random market? i like.

So,

Sunday morning in France = Market Day!

We were just wandering throughout Fontainbleau before meeting with my dad's friend that would show us through the Chateau (second largest in France to Versailles) when we (no lie) stumbled upon a market.

We kept seeing people carrying these GORGEOUS flowers around. As we wandered closer, the people passed more frequently. Finally we discovered the HUGE market with every single thing you could think of selling in it. Jeans, an entire fish, handbags, mink fur coats (which I totally thought we illegal), socks, tomatoes, flowers, everything. But the highlight was the enormous amounts of gorgeous flowers!

My mom and I could have spent the entire day wandering throughout the rows but my dad is not a fan of shopping (at all) so we only spent about half an hour roaming. I bought a blue sweater and matching earrings for a total of 12 Euros. That is about 14 dollars! It was amazing!

I just wish we could have stayed for longer!

Market Day
Formage (cheese!)
I thought she looked VERY French. (and angry!)
I really like this -- Over the vegetables!
Candy aisle! Mmhmm!
Flowers!!

2 comments:

  1. This reminds me of a big marketplace we visited in Barcelona. We were amazed by all the colors!

    ReplyDelete