Friday, May 20, 2011

"We're Gonna Party Like It's Your Birthday"

I like celebrating birthdays. Especially other people's birthday. I love the feeling that you (with others) successfully made someone's day fantastic. This may be why I feel an urge to make cupcakes for my friends' birthdays. Or buy a Dora the Explorer Birthday Princess set and force them to wear it around school. Something about seeing someone SO happy makes me happy. Yesterday was my best friend's birthday. But I couldn't make her cupcakes or annoy the crap out of her. No, I'm 4000 miles away in a foreign country in a different time zone. I wrote on her Facebook wall a bunch of times, made her birthday my Facebook status, emailed her, sent gifts, I tried to record a Happy Birthday video about 9 times failing each time, but still... Being apart made giving her an awesome Sweet 16 quite difficult. She managed it on her own, don't get me wrong -- I heard it was fantastic, but I still feel bad. I know this seems like the silliest thing to be sad about but for some reason it is for me. Sorry to complain on here, I'm sure you don't want to hear.
Anyway, I'm glad you had a great birthday Morgan!

1 comment: