Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Comfy or cute.

Comfortable or cute.
That's the question.
I debate this question in my head every morning after crawling out of the warm and inviting thing that is called a bed.
If the world was perfect, then I could go for both.
BUT it isn't.
Usually I am not that pessimistic.
But it's true.
The world ISN'T perfect. Or close.
Which means that every morning I have to choose between comfortable or cute.
I generally choose comfortable.
I'm not a fashion queen.
At all.
I would choose an old softball t-shirt, jeans, and Converse over a dress and heels any day.
The one thing I really like is shoes. I know, I know. VERY cliché. But it's true. I'm a sucker for a new pair of shoes. This said, I love old shoes too. Not old as in created a trillion years old, just well worn shoes. I have a pair of shoes from fourth grade that I absolutely love. Crazy, I know. But it's true.
Now you may be saying I don't care about you old shoes. Don't worry. This post HAS a point. I'm getting there.
My love for shoes means that I have a lot pairs. I really like variety. I have everything from high heels to tennis shoes to rain boots to flip flops. The problem with this addiction to shoes is my feet hate shoes. Every pair of shoes I own gives me blisters. That's a lie -- my pair from fourth grade don't. Since I love shoes so much I make excuses for them. (Just go with it.) Like I'll say "I just need to break them in every year" or duct tape them when the brute truth is the shoes just give me blisters.
My mom got sick of me complaining a few days ago and decided that I need to have a shoe clean out. Meaning that every single pair of my shoes that don't hurt have to be thrown away. If that happened I would be left with..ugh..a pair of shoes. She took my shoe shopping and I got two new pairs. One is seen below.



She told me the first pair of shoes to go would be my Converse. Honestly, I almost broke into tears in the middle of the shoe store. I have had my Converse for almost two years and they are already failing me. ): I hid them from her in case she decides she will clean out my shoes since I will not.
In memory I wrote this letter.
Dear Converse,
I'm sorry I cannot wear you. You're safe under my dresser. I won't let her get you.
Love you lots,
Grace



Since I am a total math dork while I was walking to school today I made this up:
Pain/Cuteness
If the answer is lower than 0 than the shoes stay. If it's above 0 than I need a new pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment