Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Child Abuse: a serious problem.

Well since my previous post was about something very few people know about me, I decided to post another on the same topic. There is a song called "Alyssa Lies" by Jason Micheal Carroll (it's country) about a daddy whose daughter meets a little girl in school who is abused. The main lyric is "Alyssa lies to the classroom, Alyssa lies everyday at school. Alyssa lies to the teacher as as tries to cover up every bruise." The first time I heard this song I was siting into Southpoint Mall with my mom about to go to California Pizza Kitchen. It got me thinking: how did I get so lucky? Why do I have two loving parents when some children don't have one and suffer considerably because of this. The last line of the song is "Alyssa lies with Jesus 'cause there's nothing anyone would do." I don't want children to have to go through that pain. Ever.
I'm not sure what, but I know I want to do something dealing with abused children in my life.
A few similar songs:
The Little Girl by John Michael Montgomery
Concrete Angel by Martina McBride
11th Commandment by Collin Raye
Dear Mr. Jesus by PowerSource
That is just the tip of the iceberg.

I know this is a pretty serious post for a blog, but child abuse is a serious issue. Hope this sparks some calling for you as well.
Did you know that 2450 children are abused or neglected daily? DAILY!

No comments:

Post a Comment